effluence

there must be an outflow

Monday, February 14, 2005

Monday

Monday and Valentine's Day combined today for a terrific effect. It started out, as usual, with the alarm clock, but my first bleary thoughts were, "This must be a joke." It wasn't. It was rainy and in the 40s all day long. I made some mistakes at work that caused problems and stressed me and others out. I still managed to get some work done, and now I'm drinking cheap wine.

It's been a while since I've posted. Or rather, it's been a while since I allowed a post to transide from the draft stage to the post stage because I've been struggling with allowing thoughts that are too personal to creep into my blog. So far, I haven't let them. I think this is for the best.

Though most of my weekend was spent doing nothing productive aside from chatting with friends online, Sunday was fantastic. There's something I've been meaning to do for the past month, which is to inquire with the church I attend, known as "The Barn" regarding ministries that I could potentially become involved in. The pastor paused for a second and told me that I should listen to the message. The message turned out to be partly about spiritual gifts but mostly about a new plan to develop new ministries and expand existing ministries at VCF. There is a spiritual gifts course starting tomorrow night, and I'm definitely going to attend. This is the most excited I've been about something spiritual in a long time. I truly believe that Christians are most filled with life (read: happy) and productive when we are making use of our spiritual gifts in the capacity of serving others.

Tonight I am anxious about a number of things. The wine helps, but I wish that I had some cash to go out and get some smokes. There's nothing like the calm pensivity of smoking. I went through my entire apartment over the weekend but couldn't find my pipe bag. It's been over a year since I've seen it, but I loved that pipe, and it wasn't cheap. Hopefully it will turn up.

Today my emusic subscription rolled over, so I was able to download the latest Innocence Mission album, some Earlimart, and some Denison Witmer.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:35 PM EST, Blogger sharon said…

    glad you got some earlimart.
    taste the sensation.

     
  • At 3:41 PM EST, Blogger transfigure said…

    Yeah, it's Filthy Doorways, and it's not bad, though I've only listened to it once. Music like this usually grows on me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home