effluence

there must be an outflow

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

All Summer in a Day

Rain - a two and a half hour drive to get to work. But thanks to the rain I finally found a short film that had been in the back of my head since I was single digits. Some blessed philanthropist had posted it on YouTube. I was going to watch it at work, but it was a bit long, so I sent myself a link to it. Google had taken it down when I got home. I was denied my chance at sunshine. I wonder if, when the owners of YouTube.com sold it to Google, they knew how much Google would ruin with its conscientiousness. I can't argue with Google - they're only doing the safe thing, the legal thing. But I've searched before. There is nowhere to get this film.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:07 PM EST, Blogger transfigure said…

    It's a short film based on a story by Ray Bradbury. In the story, children in an orphanage (or boarding school) on Venus live under constant rain and clouds. The sun only comes out about once a year and for just a short period of time. The children all pick on one particular child. One day, they lock her in a closet and leave her there. This happens to be the day that the sun comes out. Forgetting about the girl in the closet, all the other kids go out and play in the sun. After the sun slips away, they remember the girl in the closet. They let her out and feel bad, but there's no way to make up for what they did.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home