effluence

there must be an outflow

Saturday, April 01, 2006

I hate technology

For every victory there is a loss. Today I managed to bring up a Linux server that had been down for months. It was never set up correctly in the first place, and it only works half-assedly, but it's working almost as well today as it was before it decided that it wouldn't start up anymore, back in December of 2005.

At the same time, with the help of Norton Speed Disk, I managed to fubar my PowerBook. It will no longer boot into OS X, and it will not allow me to reinstall the system. This sucks for two reasons. First because I have been doing more and more in OS X, and much of my resume building and freelance work of late has been done in OS X. Second, because the Linux server will not allow Windows connections, and I was planning to use my PowerBook as a go-between to copy tens of gigabytes of music from my Windows machine to the Linux server.

I have wasted hours today trying to get the PowerBook up and running. And the Linux server, which is now running is useless until I succeed.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home