effluence

there must be an outflow

Thursday, June 09, 2005

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.

It has ben quite some time since I have posted, and it isn't because I have nothing to say. I've been working like crazy since the week before Memorial Day, including nights, some on the weekends, and Memorial Day itself. My home computer also essentially died, meaning that the ethenet interface has failed, so I can't access the web. And a computer without web access today is like an airplane without wings. I'm on my work laptop right now.

Over the past few weeks, the thoughts have come and gone, and I've wanted to write so much, but I've had no time even to take notes when the thoughts arrived. Now that I do have a few minutes, the thoughts are gone, and I feel unmoored. The pattern of working constantly is so deplorable, yet easy to slide into. When I'm not working, I look at the mess of my apartment and everything I need to attend to, and it means nothing. Tonight I cut my hair because I know that is something I can do.

News today: Apple is switching to Intel microprocessors: http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2005/jun/06intel.html
This means that not only do we at my company have to migrate to a new operating system with all new software before too long, but shortly after that, we will have to migrate to new hardware and new software. This is truly frustrating. It's almost enough to make me want to leave Apple forever.

In other news, I received a notice from my health insurance company that they are going to cover $50 of my wisdom tooth extraction, saying that the surgeon charged more than they consider allowable. This leaves me with over $900 to pay. Come on. Who would cut out two impacted wisdom teeth, one infected, for $50? I don't think I could get that rate in Mexico. I just got a new car complete with monthly payments. I owe $500 in taxes. WTF? Must I consider a life of crime? Do I even have the skills necessary to profit in crime?

My parents are trying to invoke the disability clause in their mortgage. My father got a statement of disability from his doctor. If they can invoke this clause, then they will not have to pay their mortgage for at least a year. In that time period, maybe my mom can get a job. Who knows. God's got something good in store for them, right?

I have been happy lately. It is truly wonderful to be loved, and this makes the difficulties in my life seem weak and ineffective to harm me. Thank you, Merry. Thank you, God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home