effluence

there must be an outflow

Sunday, May 22, 2005

The Damn Music Thing

So, as you have read below, sha passed me the music baton. It is amazing both the convergence and divergence of musical tastes between people who may share things in common. Friday night I spent two hours doing one of my favorite things -- just listening to music and doing nothing else. There is so much music that I love, and so much more that I need to hear. Anyway, here goes...

Total volume of music on my shit-ass computer: 29 GB. This does not include the music on my work machine, which is about 5 GB, and the music on the server at work, which is about 30 GB. There is some overlap between the three.

The last CD I bought: Jim Bianco, Handsome Devil.
The last legal download: Kitchens of Distinction, Capsule
The last (possibly) illegal download: Ryan Adams, everything beyond Heartbreaker, which I obtained legally.

Song I'm playing right now: Kitchens of Distinction, Polaroids

Five songs I listen to a lot, or that mean a lot to me:
1. Te Deum, Arvo Pärt.
2. Every Hour Here, The Innocence Mission
3. Naked As We Came, Iron and Wine
4. Downtown Train (or any number of other songs), Tom Waits
5. Lullabye 6000, The Czars
6. Everywhere You Turn, The Bad Plus
7. Winter Came Early This Year, Andrew Peterson
8. Summer Wind, Cotton Dress, Richard Shindell
9. Anna Begins, Counting Crows
10. Closer To the Sun, Denison Witmer

That's not five? Well, yes it is. It's at least five.

Five people I choose to pass the baton to:
Everyone I know who blogs has already received the baton.
Well, there's one, but her blog is private. (Hi, Merry!)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home